Saturday, February 26, 2005

Okay, already, I'll present

The only problem is no one has asked me...to present an Oscar, that is.

And why would I want to?

Well, a news release from the Opus Hotel convinced me it might just be worth my while. The Opus, located in the ever-so-trendy Yaletown district of Vancouver, is giving away - giving away! - to Oscar presenters a $10,000 package.

Hand out an Oscar and the Opus is promising they'll hand over, among other goodies:

* Three nights accommodation in an Opus executive suite;
* Dinner for two at the hotel's "award-winning" Elixir Restaurant;
* Two OXIA oxygen personal canisters (either this is to aid you in getting your daily hit of fresh air or Oscar presenters are much older than I thought);
* Private Pilates session for two at Yaletown Pilates.

And there's more: including a stay at Whistler, free ski lifts and so forth.

I know it's shallow of me to want to present an Oscar just so I can receive this package among all the other goodies in my presenter's gift basket, but isn't that what it's all about, folks? I mean, we're talking the Oscars here. It's not like Bono getting the Nobel Prize or anything...or, er, maybe it is.

Well, whatever! as all the beautiful people who lug oxygen tanks around say.

Now excuse me, I have to practice my Oscar presenting form. Kiss, kiss.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! While I was searching for info on personalized baby gift basket I somehow landed here. I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for personalized baby gift basket. Thanks for the post.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home